Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Reality vs Fantasy

Well, it's here. The Rams of 2009.

This Friday the St. Louis Rams open there season with a preseason game against the New York Jets. I am not a big fan of preseason football. I would like to see 2 games max.

The "real" season starts September 13th when the Rams travel to Seattle to play the Seahawks.

The Rams have an interesting schedule this year. Besides the interdivisional play, the NFC opponents include the Redskins, Packers, Vikings , Lions, Saints and Bears.

The Rams AFC opponents this year are the Jaguars, Colts, Titans and Texans.

At the beginning of any sports season, fans are optimistic on the chances of their favorite team. Rams fans are no different. I am more of a "the glass is half empty" kind of guy. I have heard predictions for the Rams of 8-8 and 9-7 (making the playoffs as a wild card). I can't see it. With a new coaching staff, new offense and defensive strategies, this year will be a learning year for the Rams.

I think in terms of reality. The 8-8 and 9-7 fans are living in a fantasy world. My prediction is 6-10 and another year of not making the playoffs. reality vs. fantasy?

I hope ALL the Rams fans living in the fantasy world prove me wrong.

GO RAMS!

"See you on the hit side" #21

No comments: