There are a lot of rumors regarding the sale of the Rams by current owners Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriguez. With the price of NFL franchises (the Rams are estimated at $929 million), greed is a huge factor. As an old L.A. Rams fan, I have heard they want to move back there. I can think of many reasons why they shouldn't. Here are my top 10 (excuse me David Letterman):
10. Georgia Frontiere moved them to St. Louis for a reason. Respect your mothers wishes.
9. Rams fans show up on time. Unlike Dodger fans that show up during the fourth inning, St. Louis fans know how to tell time.
8. Rams fans are loyal. People state that Rams fans don't show up, put a winning or exciting product on the field and they will.
7. Rams fans are friendly. I have met some great people in St. Louis and have new friends there.
6. Edward Jones Dome is not that bad. The lease is through 2014, honor it and then build a new stadium.
5. Budweiser. Who wants to go to a game and drink Pina Coladas or a Seabreeze?
4. Lacledes Landing. How cool is this place!?! Where else can you WALK to after the game, hit some bars and maybe dance with some Rams cheerleaders? Don't laugh, it happened to me a few years ago. It was a blast.
3. Good food and restaurants close by. Too many good ones to mention here.
2. Casinos. If the Rams lose, you can always hit the casinos and have a chance to win some cash. That would make the Rams loss easier to swallow.
1. If the Rams move, I wouldn't be able to go to a game every year. Call it selfish, it is.
So if you ask "should I stay or should I go?", I say stay!
"See you on the hit side!" #21