Tuesday, August 18, 2009

ESPN Again

On Friday night the Rams played the Jets in the first preseason game of the year. Due to family commitments, I was unable to see the game. This is where I, like most of you rely on ESPN for highlights and coverage of our favorite teams to give us insight on what happened.

What did I see? A freakin Mark Sanchez highlight film. I am so tired of the "east coast" and "west coast" mentality that pours from ESPN. It was terrible. Not one highlight of the Rams. No respect again. Do you think you'd see Gado's 77 yard touchdown run, or the rookie Null's winning touchdown? Nada.

I've said before that as a Rams fan, I am used to it. But this was ridiculous. What I read about the game, oh and by the way the Rams WON the game, was the Rams had a decent game. As a team they ran the ball well, get used to that. The Rams had 193 yards on 29 carries for a 6.7 yard per carry, and Steven Jackson only touched the ball twice.

The line did give up four sacks, this will be addressed by the coaching staff for sure. The one statistic that stood out to me, and I know I sound like a broken record, was the Rams defense against the run. The Rams gave up only 102 yards on 28 carries for the Jets. This equals a 3.6 yard per carry average, but two of those rushes equaled 62 yards combined. Take that out of the equation and the Rams defense had a great day against the run.

I wish that I could have seen some of those stats and highlight's on ESPN. But it was ESPN again, giving no respect to the Rams.

"See you on the hit side" #21

No comments: