Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I Hate Crickets

I personally hate this time of year when it comes to football. All you hear about it is what players are doing off the field, and hopefully it is good news.

I hate the fact that the biggest news is how much money the rookies are signing for.

I hate and never watch the NBA, but I admire how they structure their salaries for rookies. I hate the fact that all you hear now is what charity the Rams players are raising money for. Don't get me wrong, I do my fair share of donating to my favorite charity, it is admirable for the players, but is it really football newsworthy?

I hate the fact that I don't get to hear what changes the Rams are planning to make on the defensive side of the ball. I hate that even the most reliable "home town" papers have nothing to write about. I hate it when there is something to write about, and it's about some stupid remark Steven Jackson made about being booed.

I hate the fact that the fans can't get behind the Rams and face a new year.

I hate the fact that it's quiet in football news.

I hate crickets.

"See You On The Hit Side" #21

No comments: