Monday, August 20, 2007

A Strange Game

Saturday night was a different kind of game. I have to admit, that I was determined to watch as much as I could and report that the Rams were great, and I got a clear view of what was happening. Well, sometimes life throws a curve ball. I was invited to a bachelor party at a friends house, for someone I had never met. I was assured that when the game started, there would be no problem for me to watch the game. Wrong.

At 8:00 pm I went into the living room and turned on the game. At that point I was informed that the host had turned off his cable, because he was going to get a dish. Well, I was not happy. I rigged his TV so I could try and see it via antenna, needless to say I was stuck with a snow covered screen. Well I convinced myself that I could deal with that. I sat 2 feet in front of the screen and tried to devote all of my attention to the game, with all of the craziness going on around me. Wrong again.

The next thing I knew there were two strippers entertaining the groom, right behind me. Now normally, I would not mind that distraction, but I had copped an attitude, and they were not honoring their promise that I would not be bothered while I was watching the game.

I did get to see most of the first half. I saw that even without L.T. the Chargers could run the ball. I didn't get a real good look at the touchdown catch in the first half, but I thought Corey Chavous had the coverage and it was a close call.

I did notice that the Rams "D" settled down a bit and played better ball. I am concerned that the Rams allowed over a hundred yards on the ground and 4.4 yards per carry. Maybe next week I can sit in peace and really get a chance to dissect it correctly. Hopefully it won't be another strange game.

"SEE YOU ON THE HIT SIDE" #21

Cromwell's Corner

No comments: